Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Party 2010

Halloween 2010
This year Poot and I decided to go as Big Edie and Little Edie from Grey Gardens. We had been looking forward to this for months. The day before our party I realized that Scott wouldn't be able to shave his beard due to a production he is in later this month! He didn't want to give up the idea of Big Edie...so he improvised with a bald cap cut up to cover his beard and lots of makeup!!
Big Edie and Little Edie
A little frightening isn't it??
Little Edie of Grey Gardens
Big Edie
As the night wore on...the "bald cap" was sliding down his face and his moustache was showing! Ha!! I even overheard him saying that he "was afraid there was food caught in his chin"!! Oh my!

Sticking with the Grey Gardens theme, we had our friend Mark dress up as one of our raccoons.
He loves his wonderbread
Grey Gardens at Poot Manor

Here are some pictures of others that joined in on the fun:
Thing 1 and Thing 2
Thing 1 and Thing 2
Cat in the Hat
Cat in the Hat
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones
The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones
Totally 80's
Totally 80's Cheryl

Everyone seemed to have a blast. We ate lots of yummy treats...
Spooky cupcakes
halloween 2010 014
watched spooky movies, and laughed!! Alot!!

By the end of the night we found that pesky raccoon out in our trash...
Pesky Raccoon...
and Big Edie's mouth here...
Big Edie's face
on our fridge, where it still resides!

How was your Halloween? Did you dress up? This Halloween has been one of the most memorable! I will be back with some spooky pictures of our evening at the haunted amusement park!

Happy Tuesday (I will be back later with a Thankful Tuesday post).
XOXO
Amber

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had! Yummy looking treats and I LOVE the costumes:) Can't wait to see more photos...

Tailored Trash Queen said...

I LOVES ME THAT LITTLE CAT IN THE HAT!!!! HOW CUTE!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the Haunted amusement park -- are you talking about Worlds of Fun or somewhere else? I've been dying to see some recent pics of the place.

chelsey. said...

ahh! these are so great! looks like you guys had one awesome party!

MafiosaGrrl said...

holy smokes. i just watched grey gardens... like literally just watched it. nice costumes, did people get your reference?

looks fun!

Becky Farley said...

I LOOOOOOVE your costumes!!! :) So did my sister!!!
I really like the cat in the house theme! So cute!!!
How fun!!! :)

Chrissy said...

OMG that cute little cat in the hat is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

HA! I was Little Edie too!