Thursday, October 20, 2011

Candy Corn Yarn Trees DIY



Supplies Needed:
*Orange, Yellow, and White Yarn
*Several foam trees in different sizes
*Push pins
*Scissors

1. Start with the orange yarn and pin to the bottom of the tree with a push pin.

(I put several pins around the bottom of the first strand of yarn to hold it in place securely)

2. Wrap yarn securely around until the desired height. I was not prescise when wrapping the yarn around the tree. Just make sure to cover the foam up so you can't see it peeking through. When you are ready to start with the yellow yarn, pin down the orange yarn and cut.

3. Repeat with the yellow yarn and then the white.


4. To finish off the top of the tree I just swirled the white yarn around to cover the foam and pinned in several areas.



Easy peasey!!! I hope you enjoy!! I think the best part is that since you are just pinning the yarn on, you can change them out for the seasons with different color schemes!

XOXO
Amber

4 comments:

Unknown said...

EEP! SO SO CUTE! I love these - I might just have to create some of these this weekend! :)

Catherine Holman said...

Cute idea Amber!

Becky Farley said...

I need more time!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need just 2 more weeks loll Halloween came to quick this year!!! Those are so great!! Way better than christmas trees!

Dottie and June said...

Love your idea! Super cute!