Monday, July 23, 2012

New Craft Obsession

Because I needed a new hobby.... I decided to try my hand at cross stitching. I found a cute free pattern from Heidi at My Paper Crane and gave it a go!

I decided to make the kitty look like our little Boomer who is black and white. I am still not done with him yet, but when I finish him I have to make one of Ms. Babakeenya.

Money was tight for our three year anniversary, so I made this to add to Poot's growing collection of art from me. He has everything I have made him hanging on his side of the bed! Awww...

Our friend Keith loves Batman so I couldn't resist stitching him up a cute Batman and Robin...

As you can tell.... I love it!!! I have a list of patterns I want to do for gifts this year! Yes... I have actually started my handmade Christmas list already! I am determined to not wait until the last minute this year!! Now I just need to start working on that list. Ha!

What craft have you been working on lately? Anything new you have been dying to try??
XOXO
Amber

9 comments:

Carol Anne said...

I want to try some cross stitching! Love what you have done so far!

Unknown said...

I love cross stitching too and I'm addicted to it. I also decided to do cross stitch gifts for Christmas last year but ended up buying large kits. Try to keep the patterns/kits small to be able to complete all of them by Christmas. Just a suggestion. Cross stitch away!

Unknown said...

I love to cross stitch I have not done it in years this are so cute!

Anonymous said...

AMBER, YOU ARE GETTING AS BAD AS ME! I LOVE CROSS-STITCHING TOO. IN FACT AM WORKING ON SOME BOOK MARKERS FOR MY S.S. CLASS AND MAKING BABY BLANKETS FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN'S BABIES. I WILL NOT BE HERE FOREVER,SO THOUGHT I WOULD LEAVE PART OF ME BEHIND :) HAVE MADE 6 SO FAR. WONDER HOW MANY I WILL NEED ??? :) HAVE FUN, LOVE AUNT PAULA P.S. MISS YA XOXOXO

Velma said...

this is my kind of cross stitching!!!
I have also started on my christmas list by crocheting some blankets for the nephews

Treehugger_31 said...

Super cute! I recently took up embroidering and now I'm addicted! Now I really want to learn macrame! :)

Kayla Walters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla Walters said...

Yay! Another knitter blog. I'm very glad I've found your site. Your work is super cute and what talent! I look forward to keeping up with your projects :)

Kayla @ www.theruralknitter.com

ladaisi said...

This is so cute! I'd love to see you do this on tshirts, especially that first one.

Ladaisi Blog
Ladaisi Etsy