Monday, September 7, 2009

An Omaha Labor Day Weekend of FUN!!

Saturday morning Scott and I headed up to Omaha to hang out for the day. I was able to meet up for lunch with my dear friend Jessica,and then Scott and I went exploring. We hit the local record store, some thrift shops, and walked through a parade of "art cars".



After our day of exploring downtown Omaha, we had an amazing dinner at Vivace where they served gluten free pasta. I was in heaven!!

On Sunday we headed to the Zoo! This place is phenomenal. If you are ever in the area you must go!! It is hands down the best zoo I have been too. Here are a few of my favorite things we saw that day:





The penguins are my favorite. I could sit and watch them all day! We tried out the new Safari Sky Ride while we were there. It takes you OVER the zoo! It was a litte scary stopping above the cheetah but the view was great!

After the zoo we headed to our friends house to celebrate their son Kaden's 6th birthday! We consumed way too much comfort food and cake! The highlight of the evening was Kaden making Scott a root beer float and playing Uno! Kaden even won! He is such a doll! I love this boy! He is so polite, even told me that I looked cute with a bow in my hair. Awww...



Today we went to the Hoo Doo Labor Day Parade and Carnival with the Millers before heading back to KC.





I am happy to report that we made it back in one piece. I was begining to wonder as we stood in line to ride the Berry Go Round! You never want to see tools laying out and readily available to the carnival operator!

It makes you a little uneasy!

Well...back to the real world tomorrow! I think we should start going to four day work weeks! What do you think??
XOXO
Amber

1 comment:

chelsey. said...

don't alot of other countries have four day work weeks? i know denmark does.

we should start a petition for this whole four day work week idea. and make it happen.

your pictures are great--looks like you had lots of fun!