Saturday, August 21, 2010

The start to a great weekend!!

Yesterday was a beautiful day! Even though big storms blew through Kansas City, I stayed inside and was a happy "Little Poot". Why you might ask?? Well... I received a box of goodies from Becky in the mail:

When we were in Florida I fell in love with Plantain Chips!! What is even better is that they are gluten free. I had sadly run out, but Becky changed that. They are made in her hometown of Tampa, FL, and they are delicious. I am going to try and control myself and not eat them all this weekend. Ha! She also sent along the funniest book called "Cats are Weird". Oh man this book is dead on. Poot and I were cracking up looking through it last night. Thank you Becky! XOXO

I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks. It had been too long...can you tell??


I started preparing my supplies for my handmade Christmas list. I have vowed to start early and it paid off. I found all of this on clearance and I can't wait to begin!!


I have tickets on my fridge to go see two amazing bands...


Band of Horses and She & Him!! I seriously am giddy just thinking about seeing them live!! Can't wait to see what Zoey will be wearing!

I have been working on my multi colored granny afghan. I have decided to name it Carnival Granny because I am going to decorate in a Carnival theme in our sunroom. It is slowing getting bigger:

I love how it is turning out.

Well, I am off to get ready for our day. We are going to hang out with my Bubs today (I can't believe he leaves for Spain again in a month!).Tonight we are going to a birthday party for Scott's step-dad. Tomorrow I plan on cleaning all day and posting a LOT more vintage goodness in the shop!
Happy Saturday!
XOXO
Amber

10 comments:

Carol Anne said...

I almost bought that cat book awhile back! I wish I did! The ones I have seen are so funny and so true!

There is tons in this post that I'm jealous about. 1. starbucks... I want some! 2. yarn on sale. 3. She & Him

Lucky you!!

I think the name for your blanket is perfect. The white and yellow reminds me of the lights on all the rides and food stands at night :)

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love the blanket its going to be amazing! I hope you have a great weekend

Carrie

Dottie and June said...

Your blanket is amazing! Eric is leaving again already!??! Goodness...I am sure you are already missing him! That was so super sweet of Becky to send you those goodies! She is so nice! :D Sale...yarn!?!?! Greatness!

Becky Farley said...

holy crap the blanket looks so AWESOME!!!! Geez! Nimble little fingers!!!

I'm so glad you got the plantains and books :)
Are they the best?! I can eat a whole bag (alone) in one sitting!! I pretend like they're good for me bc they're gluten free lol I ignore the fat, calories, etc. Gluten free = healthy ;)

I'm really excited you get to see She & Him - and jealous lol My sister saw them at Bonaroo (sp) and she said it was awesome!

I'm at work - blah about to leave lol I want a Starbucks!!
Can't wait to see what you make for Christmas gifts! :)

ps: cats are weird ;)

One eye wonder dog said...

blogging is so cool.........if not for blogging you would of never met your dear friend Becky and all the others!

Becky, so kind of you to spoil my little girl!

Lindsay said...

wow your blanket is so gorgeous!!!!! I also wanted to thank you for the super sweet comment on my craft room, I'm blushing for real!! I am so glad to know I am not the only one who folds their tissue paper!!
<33333
xoxo,
Lindsay

PaperCameraScissor said...

Lucky! I wish I could see her! I am going to see Matt and Kim in sept. U made me want a vanilla bean frap : )

tiphaniefaith said...

I saw She & Him in Atlanta this summer -- the show was AMAZING! You'll love it.

And your blanket is beautiful! :)

Chrissy said...

Love the new blanket, Amber!!

Haley said...

Haha, I'm a little late to the game here, but I'm going to see Band of Horses in KC, too!! :)