Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Garden Prepping...

With the Spring like weather we have been having around here lately, I have been daydreaming about our Summer garden!!! I love mapping out what we are going to grow for the season and this year is going to be the best! I can just tell. I feel like I am really on top of researching different varieties of veggies to try and the best ways to garden organically.

To help with all the preperations I have been reading this book:
So far I have found some great tips!!

This year we decided we want to try our hand at growing potatoes. I can't even imagine life without them. I would eat them for every meal if I thought I could!! I spent a few days researching different ways to grow potatoes and decided that the best way for us would be to grow them in a container. I found this amazing kit from Gardners.
I ordered ours last night. You can purchase your own here. I will be sure to update you on our success once they are planted!

I knew I wanted to find some organinc potato seeds to plant and couldn't believe all the different types of potatoes out there. I stumbled upon Wood Prairie Farm. This is probably one of the most user friendly websites I have been on. Since this is our first attempt at growing potatoes, we decided to just try one variety this year. I decided to go with these...
You can purchase your own seeds here. I seriously can not wait to taste these! I also picked up some lettuce and radish seeds!!

I can't wait for my potatoes to arrive so we can get to digging! Have you started planning your garden? What are you most looking forward to growing??
XOXO
Amber

1 comment:

Dottie and June said...

I can't wait to see how it all comes along. Once I finish the book I'm on I am going to go to the library and research container gardening. Happy Gardening dear!!!!