Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Green Smoothies


My friend Audra told me about these green smoothies and knew I had to give them a try. I will be the first to admit that I don't eat enough fruits and veggies! I knew this would be the perfect way to sneak some more into my day. I love the fact that I am doing this first thing in the morning too!

Don't let the fact that they are "green" scare you. I promise that you can't taste the spinach at all!!!



Here is what you will need for two smoothies (just half the recipe if you only want to make one):

2 Cups of fresh spinach
1 Cup of Milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
1 cup of yogurt (I prefer greek yogurt and typically use vanilla Chioboni)
handul of dried oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal)
2 tbsp of local honey
2 Cups of frozen Fruit (any will work our favorite has been the tropical mix lately with pineapple!!)
**One tip is too put the spinach in first which will ensure that it will really get blended in. You will be able to see it, but won't taste it. I think the oatmeal is the key to that for some reason**
Throw this all in your blender or Ninja and mix!! Enjoy!!
XOXO
Amber

No comments: