Monday, August 3, 2009

It was my lucky week!!

I never win anything and this past week I won:

a fat quarter set from Rachel at www.racheldenbow.blogspot.com She is such an inspiration to me. I love going to her blog daily to give me ideas from decorating my home to crafting. Here are just a few things from her blog that I have been loving lately and wanting to try:

How cute is this burp cloth? I am going to be making this for all the new babies in my life! She has a tutorial up now on her blog!!

I also purchased a beginners quilt tutorial kit from her etsy store! I can't wait to make a quilt for our bedroom!

And Rachel's eye for design is amazing!! I love the colors in her kitchen and how she displays things around her home! It has inspired me to downsize and really only keep the things I use and love! Thanks again Rachel! I can't wait to get my vintage sheet fat quarters!!

So it was a unbelievalbe suprise when I went to read Janels blog at http://twocrazykidsinlove.blogspot.com/
and saw that I had one this:

A beautiful Crazy Quilt Block!! I have a couple different ideas in mind for this and can't wait!! It is funny how I read these blogs daily and I feel like I honestly know these people. We have never meet and we don't talk much ( I am kind of shy about leaving comments on blogs but I am getting better), but Janel seems like such a sweet girl with the biggest heart. I know I would of loved to have had her as my art teacher. She is so talented...and she has some crazy energy because she cranks out quilts like there is no tomorrow. Check these out:


Aren't they gorgeous? Janel thank you for motivating me to find more time to create! I will definatly post what I do with these amazing prizes when I can!

Oh and to top off my week... I found some old polaroid film for my camera at work! They looked at me like I was crazy as I cradled and protected the film in my arms! It is expired but I am very excited to see how the pictures will turn out. I haven't been able to purchase any film for my camera because it is NOT cheap. I have found several different sellers on Ebay...but does anyone have another suggestion on where to purchase Polaroid film?

Well I am off to eat my lunch! I am going to hopefully post again this evening about our busy weekend and more from our honeymoon. Hope everyones weekend was grand!
XOXO
Amber

2 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

What a very lucky girl! You hit the jackpot this week. Wait till you see what grandma sent home with dad this week.
Hugs,
Mom

RachelDenbow said...

You're being such a patient winner! Thanks for the blog love!!