Monday, October 3, 2011

It starts today...



I have been struggling with getting into a regular work out routine. I always seem to find an excuse in the book to not make it to the gym after work. So I have decided to go a different route and try getting up a little earlier to hit the gym before I head to work. Now let just get one thing out in the open.... I am not a morning person.

I am ready for a change though. I really think that getting into this new routine will help me:
*deal with stress better at work
*get to work on time (Hello!!! that is a big one...LOL)
*get more sleep
*lose weight
*have some "me" time

I know if I can make it past the two week mark it will hopefully become a little easier! Plus with my new Iphone I can watch my Netflix while I am on the elliptical! I am gonna rewatch Felicity!!

I would love to hear any tips or tricks to getting this routine to stick. I posted the above calendar on our bathroom door to motivate me! But any other words of advice would be great!

XOXO
Amber

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been forcing myself to do the gym thing since March, and it has gotten easier to keep going once I established the routine. Honestly, though, the biggest help has been having a gym buddy. Knowing that someone else is also depending on me to go keeps me accountable.

Becky Farley said...

ugh! I'm so proud of you! I'm sending you happy encouraging thoughts :)
I'm with you I need to be a better morning person FOR REAL and the gym lolol can't remember the last time I was there!! :)

I know you can totally do it!

Dottie and June said...

Keep up the awesome work!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
<3