Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thrifting Adventures


Last year one of my favorite antique malls closed down and I was heartbroken. Recently they reopened and Kerry and I spent the afternoon searching for treasures...and boy did we find some. I brought these home with me:





One of my favorite finds of the day was this Abe Lincoln book!



I also couldn't pass up this felt calendar from 1965. I fell in love with the color and font! And it found itself a home with my wreaths.

What do you love to look for while thrifting?? Lately I have been searching for Pyrex, mid century glasses, vintage kitchen towels, vintage childrens books, and of course afghans and quilts!

Overall it was one the best thrifting adventures I have been on! Kerry found some pretty amazing stuff too!!
XOXO
Amber

5 comments:

chelsey. said...

awesome finds!

Treehugger_31 said...

I am so unbelievably jealous! You are a lucky girl. :) I love looking for vintage kitchen supplies, 1940's tablecloths, vintage sheets, cake stands, and books.
I'm super in love with that yarn wreath! Did you make it?

Amber said...

Treehugger_31 I didn't make the yarn ball wreath my cousin Kerry did! I am so in love with it. I did crochet the pink wreath though!!!

Unknown said...

wow you did good on the Pyrex its so hard to find around here

Abbigail Tornado said...

Jealous!!!
We always look for old pez, Christmas things, monsters, halloween masks, and about a billion other things.